Documentation on new and upcoming projects is sometimes a bit sparse, here a first contribution to FubuMVC: The bare beginnings.
- Get some git environment running. This is a good introduction
- you can start a git folder with git init and then e.g. get a readonly version of fubumvc with “git clone git://github.com/DarthFubuMVC/fubumvc.git”. Note that git will create a fubumvc folder.
- Get ruby from http://rubyinstaller.org/download.html
- It should be irrelevant which version you use (1.8.x or 1.9.x).
- Once installed, ensure you have the necessary dependencies:
If you have ruby 1.9.x you should ensure that rubyzip 0.9.4 is installed.
If you are e.g. logged in with a domain user at home it can be that your HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH environment vars point to a non-existing path. Even though ruby installs nothing there by default, it bombs out nonetheless if the home drive cannot be reached. Bail-out here is to define a HOME variable and let it point to e.g. %USERPROFILE%