Patching in Drupal
This is the second update to drupal that I go through…that many security issues..?..oh my…anyway, had to figure out how to patch on me olde Windows machine, here are my findings:
- Get the patch exe from e.g. here
make sure you have it accessible from within your command line (%PATH%, anyone?)
- Get the issued patches from the drupal site
- Change the files from the **UNIX **format to the **DOS **format (you know, the old carriage return linefeed stuff), otherwise patch.exe will fail miserably. For me, metapad does this job just fine.
- Copy the patch you want to apply to the root dir of drupal
Open the command line and issue the following command: patch -p 0 <thepatch.patch with thepatch.path being the patch filename
- Once you have done this, you can do a search throughout your drupal dir, get the latest changes and FTP those to your sitethis helped me and I hope it may help others.